Gaithersburg, Maryland
Featured on Pinterest Not resolved

AWFUL!DO NOT STORE ANYTHING VALUABLE HERE!

Related: Review about Cubesmart Personal Storage from Detroit, Michigan

I needed to rent a dry and temperature controlled space for my musical instruments, furniture and other household items for about 2 years, and was a timely paying customer. They promised me on move in that if they found any changes to the building they'd call me. I never got one phone call. On my move out day, I found that my unit had been leaking and I had to throw away book shelves, a leather ottoman, bedding, pillows and more because of mold and mildew growth.

When I asked them what service I was paying for (considering they owed me a DRY AND TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED SPACE) the lady at the front desk promised me 4.5 months back rent and they'd mail me a check.

About two weeks later I checked in, found out corporate denied this offer, and I was left with nothing, not even a call back.I would never rent here again, and never recommend this place, because you'd be paying for nothing but a leaky shoe box.

Review about: Leaky Storage.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Cubesmart Storage Unit
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $2000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Cubesmart?

Comments

negligenceOKinTheirWorld

Sounds like you got nailed by the fine print in the rental contract which says they are not responsible which actually means they don't want to take responsibility for the most basic thing like a climate controlled unit.Unless the contract said rain forest on it they did not deliver.

Other than a lawyer or your own insurance policy your probably out of luck.

Even if you bought their insurance there is probably fine print in that as well which would get them out of a payout.

Had similar problems paying for climate control where they had a power failure which made cardboard boxes soggy.

Corporations have ruined the self storage unit business for the customers.

There contracts are loaded with get of jail fine print and they feel entitled not be responsible along with big profits.

I've learned to put all cardboard boxes up on things like boards and use furniture cups on their legs.I also cover non water proof stuff with tarps or plastic clothes, but never to floor allowing for air circulation.

helper
#851990

Call your storage unit insurance company, better business bureau, local news team, and a lawyer!