Cubesmart - LEAKY STORAGE

73 of 88 Cubesmart reviews

AWFUL!DO NOT STORE ANYTHING VALUABLE HERE!

I needed to rent a dry and temperature controlled space for my musical instruments, furniture and other household items for about 2 years, and was a timely paying customer. They promised me on move in that if they found any changes to the building they'd call me. I never got one phone call. On my move out day, I found that my unit had been leaking and I had to throw away book shelves, a leather ottoman, bedding, pillows and more because of mold and mildew growth.

When I asked them what service I was paying for (considering they owed me a DRY AND TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED SPACE) the lady at the front desk promised me 4.5 months back rent and they'd mail me a check.

About two weeks later I checked in, found out corporate denied this offer, and I was left with nothing, not even a call back.I would never rent here again, and never recommend this place, because you'd be paying for nothing but a leaky shoe box.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Leaky Storage
Review category
Transportation and Storage
review #516451

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Cubesmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 1 No 1
Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
73 of 88 Cubesmart reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
negligenceOKinTheirWorld

Oct 12, 2014 #883556

Sounds like you got nailed by the fine print in the rental contract which says they are not responsible which actually means they don't want to take responsibility for the most basic thing like a climate controlled unit. Unless the contract said rain forest on it they did not deliver.
Other than a lawyer or your own insurance policy your probably out of luck. Even if you bought their insurance there is probably fine print in that as well which would get them out of a payout.
Had similar problems paying for climate control where they had a power failure which made cardboard boxes soggy.
Corporations have ruined the self storage unit business for the customers. There contracts are loaded with get of jail fine print and they feel entitled not be responsible along with big profits.
I've learned to put all cardboard boxes up on things like boards and use furniture cups on their legs. I also cover non water proof stuff with tarps or plastic clothes, but never to floor allowing for air circulation.

0 0 Reply
helper

Aug 05, 2014 #851990

Call your storage unit insurance company, better business bureau, local news team, and a lawyer!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.