Featured Not resolved
1.3
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I rented a storage with cubesmart storage. I paid my insurance as required and payments were set up on my credit card so it was never late.

After a few months I visited my storage and my items were damage with rat *** and eaten by them as well. I was told by the insurance that they did not cover rodent damage. I contacted the office and they acknowledge having a rodent problem and advised me to call corporate. The corporate office said they would submit this to the insurance office through their office.

After waiting a while, I was contacted by a lawyer saying they're not responsible as indicated in my contract. So nobody wants to take responsibility for my damaged items. Take it from me, your things are not safe with cubesmart.

I will now have to take them to small claims court. I would not recommend cubesmart.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cubesmart Sanitary Conditions.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I'd like to speak with you about your experience; please call me at (408) 391-1914

Hi, we lost over $5,000 of our belongings being stored at Cubesmart for 14 months during construction of our new home. When we arrived at the facility to retrieve our things the dead rats, rat *** urine and chewing were so bad that I developed a serious health issue from exposure.

I was jerked around by CubeSmart management and attorneys and basically blown off. They claimed we are the only ones who have ever had this problem and accused us of bringing the rats in with our belongings and storing food - absurd accusations. They think I've gone away but I'm building a proper legal case. My son is an attorney.

Legal fees are not a concern.

I'd like to speak with you about your experience. Thank-you.

#1520165

I have the same issue. Did you go to small claims courts? And if you did, what happened?I can't find any contract which states that they are not responsible for mice infestation issue.

I guess rats are quite popular at this place. This is just ridiculous.