Featured Not resolved
2.4
Turnaround Time

I had been with my storage company for almost 2 years before Cubesmart bought them out. I never once got a rate increase.

After they were in they said if I changed units I would get they're promotional pricing. So after I went thru the time & trouble of hauling everything 2 floors down (after much aggravation & confusion over pricing) they send me a postcard in the mail telling me the price went up & there goes whatever savings I had. I just took time off of work to move all this stuff for nothing. The people working there are ridiculous.

I had the girl in charge there call me a liar over a payment I had made & then changed their tune when I produced a receipt. I once went in to try & make a payment & the guy working there was asleep at the desk! I took a picture & everything.

This place is ridiculous & I'll be moving my stuff immediately if this convenient rate increase isn't taken care of. I'd love to know if everyone got one or if it was just a select few.

Review about: Cubesmart Storage Unit.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

By changing units you became a brand new customer off the street so unfortunately previous time with that location becomes meaningless. This is common for a big national company to takeover an individual or regional company.Same thing happened in this area, a bigger storage company bought a smaller one, it took a few years but slowly but steadily they put in new systems and policies frequently ignoring the original lease agreement.

Now their computer system says...Promotional pricing is exactly that, designed to draw you in. Those discounts including one month free are more than made up on the back end with rent increases and fees. Single owners just want occupancy and a profit. Chain or national storage unit companies want mega profit, not just income from repeat customers & continuous occupancy.With the big companies in particular rent increases and fees are automatic done by computer.

Property managers and employees have little say and are either threatened with their job or given bonuses.Travel light and unless you have rare or absolutely irreplaceable items avoid storage units especially by the end of the second or third year because most common items can be purchased new for the price of that storage unit. If you hate waste sell it cheap and/or give it away to charity of which there are many that take usable household items.

Storage companies adjust rates 6 months to 1 years after you have initially rented do to competition and location but not any drastic increase. Storage company gives ample notice as in one full month before the increase by mail and phone call to allow customer to adjust to the increase.

Storage company also gives a manager credit sometimes as a courtesy based on an individual customer issue.

Everything is normal procedures and nothing out of the ordinary at all. If you like what you get then by all means stay and enjoy the #1 customer service in the storage industry.