Cubesmart - Review about Dirty Storage Facility

68 of 88 Cubesmart reviews

I moved my family back to Florida recently and needed a place to store some of my stuff.Came across Cubesmart on Pembroke Road.

Terrible experience stay away! I got rented an unit that was dirty and filled with dead rats! When went back to the store it was closed! Why when the sign says they close at 6pm and it was 5:50pm.

So I had to clean up the the dirty unit an move in. The next day the manager apologized and gave me a free month. I'm sorry but a free month is not worth an hour of me cleaning garbage and dead rats.

Bad customer service!Will not recommend to anybody.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
68 of 88 Cubesmart reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
nothing4money

Oct 12, 2014 #883559

The previous tenant is supposed to clean their unit and is the property manager supposed to check and/or clean a vacant unit. Most companies even charge a cleaning fee close to one months rent. They should tell you someone just moved out and they haven't checked that unit.
I would keep an eye on that unit because the residual odors might attract more rodents and insects. I would've wet mopped the floor with water and bleach to kill residue.

0 0 Reply
Admin

Oct 12, 2014 #883801

The manager was suppose to show you the unit before renting it to you!!!

0 0 Reply
nothing4money

Oct 14, 2014 #884549

In facilities with outside garage type units I've frequently been sent to view a unit myself when shopping units. And I used a facility where the property manager would leave or open the outside units every day, I guess to air out if nothing else. That was definitely poor and incompetent service all the way around not checking the unit first. This is why I'm leary of these reservation systems renting over the phone or computer. I want to see the facility, the unit, the property manager and as much detail about the rental as possible.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Cubesmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Cubesmart.
Filing a new complaint about
×